Wild Nomads Forest School
Wild Nomads Forest School – http://wildnomads.ca – is an educational approach involving learning and playing outside, in a natural environment. This approach is beneficial for teens as it offers many advantages, including:
- Improved Mental Health: Spending time in nature has been shown to reduce stress, anxiety, and depression. Forest School provides a safe and supportive environment for teens to explore their emotions and connect with their mental well-being.
- Increased Physical Activity: Forest School encourages movement, play and exploration, promoting a more active and healthy lifestyle.
- Boosted Creativity and Imagination: The natural environment of Forest School provides endless opportunities for creativity and imagination, helping teens develop their problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
- Enhanced Learning and Engagement: Forest School offers hands-on learning experiences that can be more engaging and memorable than traditional classroom-based lessons.
- Improved Sense of Community: Forest School often involves group activities, encouraging teamwork and social skills. This helps teens build solid relationships and feel a sense of belonging within a supportive community.
- Connectedness to Nature: Spending time in nature can help teens develop a greater appreciation and understanding of the natural world, promoting a lifelong love of the outdoors.
- Development of Resilience and Confidence: Forest School encourages exploration and risk-taking within a safe and supportive environment, helping teens build resilience and confidence in their abilities.