Every year hundreds of students from France and Spain are hosted in Canada. Many more would love to come if there were more host families. Click the picture to apply and begin your adventure now!
Students stay exclusively with the host family and do not go out to classes. YOU: The host family gets a booklet of 10 ESL (English as a Second Language) Lessons encompassing a total of 15 hours of instruction shared by the host.
- Eager to experience Canadian family life
- Ages 13-17 with 2-6 years of English Study
- Individually matched to your families interests
- Prepared to help with responsibilities of daily life
- Instructed to bring spending money for activities
- Aware that Homestay is NOT a tourist excursion but an educational program.
- Covered by medical, liability and emergency return insurance.
- Chaperoned by English teachers from their own country.
Host Families are:
- Warm, Welcoming and Open-minded
- Of many ages and sizes, with or without teenagers
- Proud to share our Canadian Lifestyle and Language
- Interested in learning about other cultures
- eager to include the student in their family and community
- excited to teach and help the student improve their English.
- aware that today's youth need to broaden their horizons to be world citizens
Host families are carefully chosen by a local Nacel* Coordinator
Hosts welcome their students as additional members of the family and provide care and support in a home away from home. The student should be prepared to take part in family life and to help with various tasks around the house (making the bed, doing dishes, etc.) as a full member of the family. During the stay, a student may be hosted by more than one family. Becoming part of a community of families and students abroad is an enriching experience, bringing growth, self-confidence and an increased awareness of the world we share.
The personal growth and communication skills gained from experience abroad can make an important difference in college and in career goals.
*Nacel Canada HSP Inc., a not-for-profit organization and proud member of Nacel International, is dedicated to promoting international understanding and language education. Since 1957, Nacel’s programs have provided young people with the opportunity to discover new things about themselves and the world around them.
"Lol my student loves doing the lessons too it has been super fun! She wants to continue doing lessons even though she will be done the 10th tomorrow lol" ~ Kristina.