Is it ok to change the format of the curriculum at all? How much wiggle room do we have (if any) to deviate from what’s in the workbooks? ~Josie
Answers from Hosts:
- “Yep. I didn’t do those lessons at all with my 1st student. He was way too advanced. We kept the themes but made our own lessons that fit with the abilities of an advanced student. Games, reading articles and discussing them. It was like pulling teeth because he wanted to be here for a vacation but we got it done by hook and crook.” ~Natalie
- “I make a duo tang for each student each year that is the same and I include some crosswords with Canadian things like famous people and places so they learn and its fun and they have the work to show their parents” ~ Kelly
How old are the students who are coming?
- The students are between the ages of 13-18yrs of age.
- Depending upon the program some students may be in their early 20’s
How long do the students stay?
- Summer students stay for 3-4 weeks at a time. 4 weeks in July and 3 weeks in July then 3 weeks in August
- Other students come and stay for 4-6 months at a time.